Healthgrades® Clinical Achievements
Our hospital is proud to highlight clinical achievements from Healthgrades®–America’s leading online resource for comprehensive information about physicians and hospitals – in the areas of Cardiac, Pulmonary and GI Bleed. East Los Angeles Doctors Hospital strives to provide quality care to the surrounding communities and is proud of these achievements:
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) in 2019
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Gastrointestinal Bleed in 2020
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Heart Attack for 3 years in a row (2018-2020)
From 2016-2018, if all hospitals as a group performed similarly to hospitals receiving 5-stars as a group, on average:
- 220,019 lives could potentially have been saved and 149,403 complications could potentially have been avoided.* A 5-star rating indicates that East Los Angeles Doctors Hospital’s clinical outcomes are statistically significantly better than expected when treating the condition or performing the procedure being evaluated.
Additionally, from 2016 through 2018, patients treated for Heart Attack in hospitals with 5-stars for in-hospital mortality have, on average:
- Statistics are based on Healthgrades analysis of MedPAR data for years 2016 through 2018 and represent three-year estimates for Medicare patients only.
*Statistics are based on Healthgrades analysis of All-Payer data for years 2013 through 2015 and represent 3- year estimates for patients in 17 states for which all payer data was made available. (See 2017 Healthgrades Women’s Care Rating Methodology for more details)