How to apply
Thank you for your interest in applying to East Los Angeles Doctors Hospital, a member of Avanti Health System, LLC. Here you will find information about steps required to gain credentials at our facility.
To expedite the credentialing process, please follow the steps below to initiate the application process. Please contact Medical Staff Services at (323) 260-4132 to obtain copies of the documents mentioned below.
Step 1: Minimum Qualifications
Before you begin your application process, please download and review the minimum qualifications for the hospital, or hospitals, to which you’re applying:
- Minimum Qualifications (PDF)
Step 2: Initial Application
Once you’ve met the minimum qualifications, download and complete the appropriate initial application:
- Initial Application for Physicians (PDF)
- Initial Application for Allied Health Professionals (PDF)
- Please include the application fee of $400.00, made payable to ‘Medical Staff of ELADH’
Step 3: Delineation of Privileges
Print and complete the Delineation of Privileges checklist that pertains to your specialty.
Step 4: Professional Information
Obtain copies of the following documents:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Current copy of Professional Liability insurance certificate ($1/3 million minimum)
- Residency / Fellowship clinical activity logs (if completed within the last five years)
- Board Certification Certificate or Letter from the Board stating you have been accepted to take the Boards
- Current copy of BLS/ACLS/NRP (etc.)
- Clinical activity logs
- Copy of Government issued identification card (passport, DL)
Step 5: Submit application
Please submit all documents specified in steps 2, 3 and 4 to:
East Lost Angeles Doctors Hospital
Medical Staff Services
4060 E. Whittier Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90023
Or e-mail to: Tony Yniguez, Credentials Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
Once we receive your completed application materials, we will review the application and start the verification process. The verification process and Medical Staff approval process can take up to 180 days. Please note that submitting an incomplete application will cause a delay in the processing of your application.
Already an Avanti Staff Member?
If you are already on staff at one of the other Avanti Hospitals and wish to apply at this facility, please complete the Internal Application Request Form and return it to Medical Staff Services. If you have specific questions about the credentialing process, please call Medical Staff Services at (323) 260-4132.